Saturday, December 27, 2008

Crock Pot Red Beans & Rice

Well hello there. I know it has been a good while since I've updated the blog. You see most of what I have been cooking lately has been so simple that I thought it unblogworthy. But, then thinking about it, I figured that is really one of the purposes of this blog - cooking simple recipes that are good to eat.

So here is what you will need:
  • 1 pound dry red beans
  • 1 pack of seasoning blend veggies
  • 1 pound sliced country sausage
  • 1 piece of smoked ham hock
  • 6 cups of reduced salt chicken stock

Dump all the contents in the crock pot and cook on high for six hours, then check to see that beans are soft. As it cooks, check your stock to see if you have enough, as the beans will soak up the liquid. It should be enough, but check it just in case.

When done, serve over rice.


No comments: