Sunday, December 30, 2007

Frank's New Year's Eve Blackeye Peas

Happy New Year! For good luck we all make black eye peas, but I love my recipe so much, I can't wait till New Year's Day to make them. Check out the video.

What you will need
  • About 1.5 pounds of blackeye peas
  • About a pound of country-style smoked link sausage
  • About a pound of pre-cooked smoked pork (i.e. loin or chops)
  • One head of green onion chopped
  • About two to three cups of chopped celery
  • Two red bell peppers chopped
  • One package of shitake mushrooms chopped
  • Two tablespoons of minced garlic.
  • Chicken broth for liquid

Add all ingredient to pot and bring to boil. Then cook/simmer for three to four hours. I don't soak the peas, so cooking time will take longer. Keep an eye on your liquid, as the peas will absorb as it cooks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frank, you are my HERO!!!!
-Jill Loehr

Anonymous said...

I never knew how to pronounce that mushroom. Now I do. Thanks Little Brother.

Don giles