Sunday, December 16, 2007

Splendid Stuffed Turkey Breast

One thing I like doing is going in the grocery store and making up a recipe as I roam the shelves. This time I was wanting to do pecan encrusted something. Well, I didn't find all the ingredients I wanted, so I decided to go with something else. Stuffed turkey breast tenderloin. It is pretty simple to do. I was not sure how this would turn out, but it was great.

What you'll need:
  • 1 - turkey tenderloin (split the breast for the stuffing)
  • Peppers finely chopped (I used hot peppers, but your favorite will work)
  • Green onions finely chopped
  • Shitake mushrooms chopped
  • Shredded 4 cheese blend.
  • Smoked bacon to wrap the breast

Stuff the green onions, peppers, cheese and mushrooms in the turkey breast. Then wrap with bacon strips. I used a tagine cooker to prepare the dish. Cook on low heat for two hours. I had left over onions, peppers and mushrooms that I put down in the base of the cooker. I mixed these leftovers with my mashed potato side. BTW I cheated on the mashed potatoes and used Country Crock potatoes. They are very good. If you don't have a tagine cooker, it could be done in the oven as well. I suspect many variations of the stuffing would work too.

Give it a try and enjoy.

No comments: